PaperBack, LLC (hereinafter “Company” or “us” or “we”) is dedicated to protecting your privacy and providing you with the highest level of service. This Policy explains what Company does to keep information about you private and secure. This Policy covers only information that you provide to Company or that it obtains about you from companies that you have chosen to do business with. Please read this Policy carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following personal information, as appropriate:
- email address;
- Social Security number;
- mailing address;
- phone number;
- Usernames and passwords to data sources
- information about your loan transactions, such as your account balances with your creditors, payment histories, account activity, and all other information that may be contained in your credit card statements or other reports relating to your debt; and
- information from consumer reporting agencies and other sources, such as your credit bureau reports, collection agency reports or other communications, and other information relating to your payment histories, creditworthiness, annual income, or ability to satisfy your obligations.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect information in the following ways:
- When you provide to us over the phone or in documents or applications;
- When we access your accounts or request your credit card statements or other reports relating to your debt;
- From our partners and affiliates;
- From consumer reporting agencies and other sources.
How Do We Share Your Information
With limited exception discussed below, we may sell or transfer your personal information to third parties for any purpose in our sole discretion unless you opt-out. Specifically, we may share your information with:
- Our partners, including Dedicated Account providers;
- Financial institutions, consistent with laws regulating loan securitization;
- Credit reporting agencies;
- Direct marketing service providers;
- Auditors and examiners;
- Law enforcement, regulators and other government bodies; and
- Our investors, lenders, affiliates, parents, and subsidiaries.
We share your information to:
- Help us operate our business or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission;
- Protect payment transactions against fraud or identity theft;
- Provide you with offers and marketing that may be of interest to you;
- Correct technical problems or malfunctions in how we provide our products and services to you and to process your information;
- Protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others;
- Take precautions against liability;
- Respond to claims that your information violates the rights or interests of third parties; and
- Comply with law or respond to judicial process.
We may also disclose such information in order to effect or carry out any transaction that you have requested of us or as necessary to complete our contractual obligations with you. We may also share your information with service providers that perform business operations for us, companies that act on our behalf to market our services, or others only as permitted or required by law, such as to protect against fraud or in response to a subpoena. We may also share or transfer our information in the event we transfer or sell your account or our business assets to another provider.
By carrying out those services, we may disclose your information, as we see fit and as permitted by law, to your creditors, credit card companies, collection agencies, banks, and other entities and individuals specifically necessary to effect, administer and perform our services.
We both receive and transmit data to consumer reporting agencies. We partner with these agencies to assess your creditworthiness and to prevent fraud and identity theft. This is done as part of our regular underwriting, fraud prevention and process of providing services to you.
Information we collect in these reports includes, but is not limited to:
- Information about open and closed credit accounts, including the date opened, the date closed (if applicable), the latest reported monthly balance and monthly payment;
- Information about credit inquiries;
- Information about late payments and collection actions occurring on open and closed credit accounts;
- Information regarding public records of bankruptcy, judgements, tax liens, and other payment statuses;
- The credit score produced by the credit bureau providing the report;
- Information about your transaction history, assets, and account balances; and
- Correcting information maintained by the credit bureaus
Information related to your creditworthiness is maintained by the credit bureaus. If you find that there is an error or you want to dispute the information found in your credit report, please contact the credit reporting bureaus.
Notice to California Residents
In response to a California law, we will automatically treat individuals with California addresses or telephone numbers (when disclosed to us) as if you requested us to not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by the applicable California law. We will also limit the sharing of information about you with our affiliates to comply with California privacy laws that apply to us.
Your Choices / Opt-out
How We Protect Your Information
We train our employees to protect all customer information. We maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural controls that comply with government standards. We authorize our employees, agents and contractors to get information about you only when they need it to do their work with us. You can help to maintain the security of your online transactions by not sharing your personal information or password with anyone. Remember, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Updates to this Policy
If you have any questions about your privacy or our security practices, please contact us using the following information:
Mailing Address: PO Box 7775 #22184, San Francisco, CA, 94120-7775
Physical Address: 2010 Main St. Suite #200 Irvine, CA 92614
If by email: email@example.com
If by phone: 844-380-9808
This document was last updated on August 9, 2019.